Dear Devotees & Friends,
It’s that time of the year again, when we are all excitingly awaiting the auspicious celebration of Janmastami – Lord Krishna’s Appearance Day on Friday 19th August 2022.
Sri Krishna Janmastami is the appearance anniversary of Lord Krishna, the Supreme Person. He’s not “born” like we are—He comes and goes as He likes—but He appears here to please His devotees, rid the earth of evildoers.
His pastime of janma, birth, occurred on the ashtami, eighth day of the waning moon in the lunar month of Hrishikesh. Janmashtami is one of the world’s biggest spiritual festivals, and is observed by followers of many faiths. For Krishna devotees, Janmashtami is a day of non-stop chanting, cooking, worship of Krishna in His Deity form, and fasting until midnight, when a grand feast is served.
At ISKCON Perth, this year the festival will be celebrated on Friday 19th August 2022 starting at 5pm and culminating after Midnight Darshan.
Program will include:
Kirtan | Arati | Abhishek | Jhulan | Midnight Darshan | Prasadam Dinner Feast
To visit the Temple on Janmastami day from 4pm onwards, you will need to book your free ticket (for visitors before 4pm, no bookings are required) via the link provided below. Registrations are mandatory.
Booking link: https://tinyurl.com/janmastami2022
Bookings are NOW open. Get in early to avoid any disappointment.
All visitors (including children of all ages) MUST be booked INDIVIDUALLY to attend this event.
– Wearing masks is highly recommended and encouraged, but not mandatory in accordance with the directives from the health authorities
– Please use hand sanitiser provided at the entrance or wash your hands with soap before you enter the Temple Hall or touch any surfaces.
– If you are unwell or showing any COVID symptoms or not sure, we encourage you to not attend so we can all help each other to keep the community healthy and safe. Please note that all our events will be live streamed via the Mayapur TV channel. The Temple Management reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time.
– Please maintain social distance as much and wherever you can.
– If coming from Lesmurdie Road, continue straight from roundabout opposite Puma pump station, turn LEFT on Wilkins Road, LEFT on Pauline Avenue, LEFT on Canning Road and then turn LEFT inside the Temple for drop off. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN RIGHT from Canning Road into the Temple. This is not permitted and hazardous for you and other road users.
– When leaving the Temple premises, DO NOT ATTMEPT TO TURN RIGHT ON CANNING Road. This is not permitted and hazardous for you and other road users.
– TURNING RIGHT FROM CANNING ROAD to TEMPLE or from TEMPLE to CANNING ROAD is prohibited. Please cooperate and follow this guideline for everyone’s safety.
By Public Transport
From Elizabeth Quay, you can catch Bus 282, 283, or 299 to come to the Temple.
For return, please note the last bus service (Bus # 299) from outside the Temple (Stop ID 13829, Canning Road after Lesmurdie Road) will leave at 8:39pm.
Another later bus (Bus # 299) will leave Kalamunda Bus Station (1.7km from Temple) will leave at 10:45pm (You can request our shuttle service drivers to drop you at the bus station at 10:30pm)
No public transport options are available after this time until Saturday morning.
***PARKING & SHUTTLES***
– Parking at the Temple will be on first come first served basis.
– Once the parking is full inside the Temple, visitors can drop off their passengers at the drop off point inside the Temple, and then turn LEFT on Canning Road, take a U-turn from the roundabout and park at Kalamunda Water Park (approximately 1km from Temple).
– Free shuttle (12 seater vans) services will bring transport you between Temple and Kalamunda Water Park parking.
– Kalamunda Water Park is located at 38 Collins Road, Kalamunda, entry off Collins Road (https://goo.gl/maps/VZqYNVHzRWBa7Q9e6)
On arrival, please head to the footwear stall to leave your footwear there, before proceeding towards the Temple Hall. All footwear must be left at footwear stall only. Any footwear found in other areas will be removed to clear any safety/ trip hazards.
Take darshan of the deities, visit our many stalls, collect gifts for your loved ones, and head to the prasadam stall for sumptuous prasadam. Please cooperate with us to maintain a smooth flow of people at all times.
***PRASADAM (KARMA FREE FOOD)***
Free Vegetarian/vegan meal served by Govinda’s – Food for Life for all. We request you to please only take as much as you can consume to avoid any wastage. After finishing your prasadam, please dispose off the plates, spoon and cups in a bin and please do not leave it on chairs or other surfaces.
Takeaways are not available.
Catering by: Govinda’s – Food for Life: https://www.facebook.com/govindasfoodforlifeperth/?ref=bookmarks
We will have a variety of stalls available at the festival. You can choose from souvenirs, japa beads, devotional items, scriptural books or cookbooks and many other items for your friends, families and colleagues.
Buy a Bhagavad Gita or Srimad Bhagavatam as a gift for your loved ones and benefit both you and your loved ones by this kind & caring act.
We rely greatly on your generosity to facilitate and organise festivals such as Janmastami.
For donations, please use details below:
Bank Transfer – Here are the details to make bank transfer.
Name: Hare Krishna Food For Life
Account Number: 404430
Please do not forget to email your details and transferred amount to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us at:
Sita Ram Lakshmana das (Temple Co-President) 0422 045 525
Syama Sharan das (Festivals Coordinator) 0439 969 002
Kaveesh (Janmastami 2022 Coordinator) 0482 790 82
if you would like to participate in the festival by offering some service, please send a message to Kaveesh on 0482 790 822. Please also join the “Krishna Sevaks” group on Whatsapp:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/JRzmRUmpHxpG2riEnhn0AT or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1378560475805595
We look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones to participate in this sweetest of all festivals. Please don’t forget to register.