Sri Krishna’s Divine Appearance Day
Krishna’s Cultural Festival
A showcase of joy & devotion by various artists making an offering of their Love & Devotion towards Lord Krishna to celebrate Janmastami – Lord Krishna’s Appearance Day.
Featuring Dramas | Dances | Live Music | Food | Stalls
#harekrishna #iskconperth #janmastami2023 #joyofdevotion
We are looking forward to welcome you to JANMASTAMI 2023 @ ISKCON Perth on Thursday 7th September 2023 to celebrate the auspicious appearance day of Lord Krishna’s
Class | Kirtan | Arati | Abhishek | Prasadam | Midnight Darshan | Stalls
Here is some important information to assist you during your visit.
ABHISHEK & KALASH
Now you can also participate in the Abhishek ceremony (bathing of the Lord). Sponsor a Kalash for a donation of $501 or more and offer a Kalash for Lord’s Abhishek. To sponsor, make a booking by calling 0482 790 822.
PARKING & SHUTTLES
- Parking at the Temple will be on first come first served basis.
- Parking at Temple will be ‘frozen’ between 3pm and 11:30pm. This means, vehicles parked before 3pm, will only be permitted to leave after 11pm and no additional vehicles will be parked after 3pm. If you need to leave prior to 11pm, please do not park at the Temple.
- Once the parking is full inside the Temple, visitors can drop off their passengers at the drop off point inside the Temple, and then turn LEFT on Canning Road, take a U-turn from the roundabout and park at Kalamunda Water Park (approximately 1km from Temple).
- Free shuttle (12 seater vans) services will bring transport you between Temple and Kalamunda Water Park parking.
- Kalamunda Water Park is located at 38 Collins Road, Kalamunda, entry off Collins Road (https://goo.gl/maps/VZqYNVHzRWBa7Q9e6)
- If coming from Lesmurdie Road, continue straight from roundabout opposite Puma pump station, turn LEFT on Wilkins Road, LEFT on Pauline Avenue, LEFT on Canning Road and then turn LEFT inside the Temple for drop off. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN RIGHT from Canning Road into the Temple. This is not permitted and hazardous for you and other road users.
- When leaving the Temple premises, DO NOT ATTMEPT TO TURN RIGHT ON CANNING Road. This is not permitted and hazardous for you and other road users.
- TURNING RIGHT FROM CANNING ROAD to TEMPLE or from TEMPLE to CANNING ROAD is prohibited. Please cooperate and follow this guideline for everyone’s safety.
By Public Transport
From Elizabeth Quay, you can catch Bus 282, 283, or 299 to come to the Temple.
Please check Transperth’s website for up to date information.
On arrival, please head to the footwear stall to leave your footwear there, before proceeding towards the Temple Hall. All footwear must be left at footwear stall only. Any footwear found in other areas will be removed to clear any safety/ trip hazards.
Take darshan of the deities, visit our many stalls, collect gifts for your loved ones, and head to the prasadam stall for sumptuous prasadam. Please cooperate with us to maintain a smooth flow of people at all times.
- Wearing masks is highly recommended and encouraged, but not mandatory in accordance with the directives from the health authorities
- Please use hand sanitiser provided at the entrance or wash your hands with soap before you enter the Temple Hall or touch any surfaces.
- If you are unwell or showing any COVID symptoms or not sure, we encourage you to not attend so we can all help each other to keep the community healthy and safe. Please note that all our events will be live streamed via our Facebook page. The Temple Management reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time.
- Please maintain social distance as much and wherever you can.
PRASADAM (KARMA FREE FOOD)
Free Vegetarian/vegan meal served by Govinda’s – Food for Life for all. We request you to please only take as much as you can consume to avoid any wastage. After finishing your prasadam, please dispose off the plates, spoon and cups in a bin and please do not leave it on chairs or other surfaces.
Takeaways are not available.
Catering by: Govinda’s – Food for Life:
We will have a variety of stalls available at the festival. You can choose from souvenirs, japa beads, devotional items, scriptural books or cookbooks, dresses for your deities, T-shirts and many other items for your friends, families and colleagues.
Mahaprasad will be available for you to purchase from the Mahaprasad Stall. Get Lord’s special blessings and take home for your family and friends.
Books & Gifts Stall
Buy a Bhagavad Gita or Srimad Bhagavatam as a gift for your loved ones and benefit both you and your loved ones by this kind & caring act.
Project Information Stall
Come and have a chat with us to find out more on the Hare Krishna Temple & Community Centre Project.
We rely greatly on your generosity to facilitate and organise festivals such as Janmastami.
For donations, please use details below:
Bank Transfer – Here are the details to make bank transfer.
Name: Hare Krishna Food For Life
Account Number: 404430
Please do not forget to email your details and transferred amount to email@example.com
Donation options include:
Tulasi Arati $251
Fruit Offering $251
Mangala Arati $251
Sringar Arati $351
Raj Bhoga $501
Janmastami Cake $501
Midnight Arati $701
Deity Garlands $751
Maha Abhishek $1,110
Srila Prabhupada Vyasa Puja Feast $1,100
Deities Outfit $2,100
Janmastami Feast $8,100
Festival Sponsorship $20,000
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us at:
Kaveesh 0482 790 822
Sita Ram Lakshmana das (Temple Co-President) 0422 045 525
Syama Sharan das (Festivals Coordinator) 0439 969 002
if you would like to participate in the festival by offering some service, please submit your EOI here:
If you wish to participate in the Krishna Cultural Show, please submit your EOI here: https://tinyurl.com/krishnaculturalshow
We look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones to participate in this sweetest of all festivals. Please don’t forget to register.